Here is the list we have confirmed for our dance performance this Saturday (Huge THANKS to All!):
Alison Bowe, Jayne Blackshaw, Libia Salas, Melva Turner, Sue Huntsman, Teresa Cuda, Michael Irving & Raul Arregui
** Anyone else in the group interested in joining us?
Libia Salas is the member of the Multicultural Group who invited Dance Therapy to dance at their event. Libia has danced a few of our choreographies and offered to join our group and dance with us so that we can have a larger number dancing at the event (Huge THANKS to Libia too!).
– Bring white t-shirts or shirts to wear
– Will meet 5:30pm outside the Nowra School of Arts to practice the dances, should be dancing at around 6pm or so (most members of the group must be finished by 7pm if possible
– If you find them, bring the blue or red thick ribbons we had for some of our dances to wear during the Gorani ; I will bring all the ribbon I have here to share with those who dont have it
– If you have any, bring a soccer or football t-shirt for any team/country to wear during the Waka-Waka
– I have written a short intro we could use for each of our dances, see attached — I suggest that we get different members of the group to read the intros, any candidates? Jayne of course will be introducing and leading the Hawaiian show
1) GORANI – OLD ARMENIAN TRADITIONAL SONG, DEDICATED TO A MOUNTAIN (ABOUT 5 MINS INCL INTRO)
2) JERUSALEMA – SOUTH AFRICAN NEW SONG, IN ZULU LANGUAGE (FOLLOW GORANI, ABOUT 5 MINS INCL INTRO TOO)
3) WAKA-WAKA – SONG FOR THE 2010 WORLD CUP BY SHAKIRA, WITH OLD SONG FROM CAMEROON
4) HAWAIIAN SHOW BY JAYNE IN FULL COSTUME, THE GROUP COULD JOIN JAYNE TO DANCE PEARLY SHELLS (OLD HAWAIIAN SONG ABOUT PEARL HARBOUR) WITH AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION — JAYNE WILL RUN THIS PART OF THE PERFORMANCE